Friday, April 08, 2005

My life and MOST about it.

My life is a big mystery to most people. Walking along the corridors alone most of the time can give you false assumptions on who I really am. I am usually asked: "Aren't you lonely being alone?" Sometimes, it really gets lonely but I can cope up with it. I really like to be alone sometimes. Not because I'm an introvert, but I really get to express myself too much to other people so there are times when I should balance things out and try to be alone. Another thing is that there is really no one who is like me to hang around with. Why? It is because of who I am. My physique intimidates others, my hobbies as well as interests usually contradicts others', my choice of friends are also is different, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't hangout in bars. When going to malls, I play in Timezone (Tekken), I play strategy games (DotA), I play basketball (Not good, though.), I sometimes want to chat in Starbucks and simply talk with my friends, I am a PC freak, I am regarded as someone who is an O.C. (Obsessive-Compulsive), I workout in the gym (Not too often), I drive my own car, I tend to be very competitive, I am an extrovert, I value my studies (Not too much), I value my philosophy, I love getting things my way.

Who expected me to be "kengkoy"? Who thought I like playing computer games? Who thought I am living my philosophy? Who thought I wanted to be a lawyer someday? Who thought I suck at basketball? Who thought I enjoy the simple things in life? (Sunset *YUCK* cheesy, isn't it?) Who thought I sing in the shower? Who thought I have a blog? Who thought I am online everyday? Who thought I am part of the Political Science Society's executive board? Who thought I enjoy simple conversations? Who thought I love hearing other people's problems and help them solve it? Who thought I don't eat vegetables? Who thought I don't smoke nor drink alcohol? Who thought I've been through relationships? Who would've predicted me?

Barely anyone.

In a group of friends, common interests are one of the most important factors. Who are those of my physique would rather stay in a LAN shop than a bar? Who would rather eat than smoke? Who would stay up late at night in front of the PC rather than binge on alcohol? Who would rather go to the gym than to watch a movie? Who would appreciate girls the way I do? (Hahaha!!!).

A nerd is a nerd and an alcoholic is an alcoholic. The problem is peer groups tend to incline towards one side too much and I am simply too flexible. You won't see a nerd palying basketball, you won't see a happy-go-lucky guy focus on philosophy, you won't see a bar person spending his Friday night playing basketball or PC, you won't see a health buff not eating vegetables, you won't see a person who doesn't care about his health go to the gym, you won't see a mesomorph listening to love songs, and you will never see another Dar.

I am almost everything you won't expect me to be and more!

So basically, you can't make me stay in one peer group (except the "7" DUH :P).

But I never said I am not open to other people. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Wow Dar! You're such a good boy pala...no vices ah...*clap clap* =D
Anyway, keep up the good work, 'coz iilan na lng ang ganyan sa mundo, hehehe! =D

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home