Friday, April 22, 2005

Absolute

We can say that there are absolute things and some may not agree with it. I see some things as mere manifestations of their "Absolutes". When we Love, I think we are only Loving in fragments. The only proof of this Absolute theory as of now is Time.

To be Cont.

My God. I was not able to resume this work. It has been a draft since May 22, 2005... Geez.

Anyway, I think I chose Time before because it can be universalized. Everywhere we go, a minute is a minute no matter how relative the length of that minute can differ from individuals to individuals. As Einstein said: "Put your hand on a hot stove for a 5 minutes and it will seem like an hour; sit beside a pretty girl for an hour and it will seem like 5 minutes." But still, 1 minute is still one minute.

Love, together with its variable manifestations have triggered a lot of debates and arguments all over the world. But everything comes back to the individual. We can not universalize love which makes it relative. Why? It is because we have created millions of notions of Love. Love in disciplining your children, love in getting hurt, love in giving and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home